WHAT IS CANDLELIGHTERS?
The Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Program provides services and support so that no family goes through their journey with childhood cancer alone. Candlelighters serves families of children zero through age 20. Home or hospital based services span from diagnosis throughout treatment, during times of crisis, and can continue when the child is off-treatment. Bereavement services are also available. The program also offers family events that provide a place for families to meet, have fun and support each other.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Candlelighters offers services to any family in Central Texas, with a child zero through age 20, touched by childhood cancer or similarly treated blood disorders. Referrals can be made by a number of sources including hospitals, pediatricians, schools and family members.
WHAT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED?
The Candlelighters Program provides:
· Home- or hospital-based case management, including navigation of insurance options
· School advocacy including presentations to teachers and classrooms
· English and Spanish support groups for families who are in-treatment, off-treatment and bereaved. Groups are available for parents as well as patients and siblings.
· Crisis assistance
· Emotional support
· Family Events including Camp Grey Dove, a week-long camp for siblings of children with cancer
· Community resource information and referrals
WHERE ARE SERVICES PROVIDED?
Services are offered in the client’s home, clinic or other convenient locations.
HOW MUCH DO SERVICES COST?
Services are free to those who are eligible.
I HAVE QUESTIONS. WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
Please call Any Baby Can at 512-454-3743 or email email@example.com.